TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions contain legal obligations and we encourage you to read through them carefully. Unless otherwise started, any purchases made through moroccanfoodtour.com, moroccancookingclass.com, moroccanworkshop.com, moroccanphotography.com, our distributors, and our affiliates are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Our contract
All bookings are made with Moroccan Workshop (us/we). By making a booking, the traveller (you) is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of all individuals included in the booking. The services to be provided are those in your booking confirmation invoice. No alterations or variations to these terms and conditions are in effect unless made in writing by and under the authority of Moroccan Workshop, Brand Name registred under the Ownership of Mr Benmokhtar Med and Omar Benhayoun the two Auto-entrepreurs associates.
- Pricing and payments
- a) Prices and exchange rates — Prices are correct at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign exchange rate as set by Bokun (Terms and condition of Bokun linked) our third party Booking engine. The rate will float on a daily basis in line with international currency movements.
- b) Price changes — The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveller has booked an experience, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. Moroccan Workshop will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
- c) Child rate — Our child rates apply at the time of the tour, not the time of booking. Proof of age must be available for inspection on the day of travel. If a traveller is identified as not qualifying for a child price (if a child price is available for the tour), the traveller will be required to provide the balance of difference between the adult rate and child rate for the tour before being permitted to start the trip.
- d) Per person — All prices listed are on a per traveller basis unless otherwise stated.
- e) Inclusions — Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on moroccanfoodtour.com, moroccancookclass.com, moroccanphotography.com or morocanworkshop.com.
- f) Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Moroccan Workshop destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the experience(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges, or international transportation tax.
- a) Credit cards — Moroccan Workshop accepts the following credit cards for payment:
- American Express
- b) Credit card service fee — Moroccan Workshop does not charge travellers a service fee on credit card payments; however, we are Partners with a third party booking engine Bokun and Payment provider Trust My Travel, for our sales, operations management and online payments. The service requires a small amount of fees (Terms and condition of Bokun linked) . Also Some banks have been known charge their customers a small fee for what they see as an international transaction. Please check with your bank prior to purchase if this will affect your payment.
- c) Payment due — With the exception of Private Tours, full payment is required at the time of booking. Payment for private tours is due upon confirmation of tour itinerary.
- Cancellations/no-shows and amendments to bookings
3.1 Cancellations by the traveller
- a) Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by Moroccan Workshop. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund;
- Cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued.
- b) Unused portions of tours – No refund is provided for any unused portion of a tour, including the entire tour in the event a traveller does not commence at the designated start point of the tour.
3.2 Cancellations by Moroccan Workshop
We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
3.3 Amendments to bookings by the traveller
- a) If a traveller wishes to amend an existing booking, the original booking must be cancelled and a new booking made. Prices applying to the new booking will be the price at the time the new booking is made. Cancellation charges may apply (refer to 3.1 Cancellations by the traveller).
3.4 Amendments to itineraries by Moroccan Workshop
While we endeavour to operate all tours as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary. The itinerary provided for each experience is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
- Confirmation and vouchers
- a) Confirmation — Upon receipt of full payment, Moroccan Workshop will issue a voucher via email for the booked tour.
- b) Voucher — The lead traveller must present the original voucher issued by Moroccanworkshop.com at the start of the tour. Moroccan Workshop reserves the right to refuse service to any travellers not able to provide their voucher to their guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Your Moroccan Workshop
5.1 Traveller confirmation
We recommend the lead traveller contact the local Tour manager 24 hours prior to the start of their tour to confirm the tour departure. The local partner’s contact information is available on the voucher provided.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we’ll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn’t arrived on time and without any contact, Moroccan Workshop and the local Tour manager / Partner will consider the traveller to be a “no show” and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
5.3 Your responsibility
The traveller making the booking is responsible for their own and their party’s actions. If Moroccan Workshop or the local Tour Guide Partner deems you or your party’s actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, to intervene with other clients’ enjoyment of the trip, or to be offensive to the local communities and cultures, Moroccan Workshop and the local Partner reserve the right to remove you from the tour effectively immediately. No refund will be supplied. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange, and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
5.4 Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that your tour may involve a degree of personal risk. You may be visiting local places where the cultural, and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in your daily life. All our experience involves food that we serve to our guests, in all our services you will be required to specify if some of the guests have some dietary restrictions, it’s mandatory that we should be aware of that at the time of the booking and not until the time of the experience , also we recommend that your travel insurance covers issues related to food issues otherwise we have an optional “ticket guardian insurance” that you can purchase accepting the extra fees that goes with it.
- Information accuracy
The lead traveller is responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Moroccan Workshop reserves the right to cancel any bookings if inaccurate information is provided, including (but not exclusive to):
- Traveller name(s)
- Hotel (pick-up) details
- Email address
- Food restrictions
- Age and health requirements
- a) Age requirements — All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18. While many of our tours permit all ages, the minimum age requirements may vary with tours. Please see the tour description on Moroccanworkshop.com to check whether a tour is child-friendly. For tours featuring alcohol, travellers may be required to show proof of age of majority.
- b) Health requirements — Some of our trips can be physically demanding and travellers must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow participation. We are able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit to participate. All our tours specify a physical rating, which is to be used as a guideline for gauging whether a tour is appropriate for your fitness level.
- Travel insurance
It is a requirement that all travellers doing an Experience with us have valid and comprehensive travel insurance. Neither Moroccan Workshop nor the Partners can be held responsible for any liability, expenses, or losses you incur as a result of being inadequately insured. We strongly recommend that at the time of booking a comprehensive travel insurance policy is purchased.
- Passports and visas
Unless travelling domestically, travellers must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling with Moroccan Workshop and the local Partners. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday. Moroccan Workshop and the local tour guides / Partners cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct visa documentation.
Should you have a complaint about your Moroccan Workshop, we urge you to discuss this at the time with the local Partner. In the event you wish to complain further, please contact Moroccan Photography in writing within 30 days or travel. Complaints received outside this timeframe will not be considered.
- Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
- a) By using com, Moroccan Workshop distributors, and/or affiliates, the traveller agrees to be bound by the conditions outlined in these terms and conditions.
- b) By engaging with Moroccan Workshop, the traveller agrees to do so for lawful purposes only.
- c) When engaging with Moroccan Workshop, the traveller agrees to do so for personal purposes and not for their own personal commercial gain and will not enter into or provide fraudulent requests or information to Moroccan Workshop or the local Partner.
- Disclaimers and limitations of liability
- a) Moroccan Workshop, Our Partners, affiliates, and distributors shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity, liability, or expense to person or property.
- b) Moroccan Workshop, Partners, affiliates, and distributors accept no responsibility for any sickness, acts of crime, labour disputes, government actions, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
- c) Moroccan Workshop maintains information that is accurate to the best of our knowledge; however, does not warrant that content and information provided on com or via any of our affiliate sites or via distributors will be without error and that functionality of the websites uninterrupted or without error.
- d) Moroccan Workshop will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
- e) This agreement is governed by the laws of Morocco.
You agree to defend and indemnify Moroccan Workshop, all Partners, our affiliates, and distributors, and any of their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature, including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees brought by third parties as a result of:
- a) Your breach of this agreement or documents referenced in this agreement;
- b) Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; and/or
- c) Your use of this website or any of Moroccan Workshop affiliate websites.
In the event that any term or condition contained here is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason, then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
- Registered address
51 RUE ELKADI BRIBRI AKARI RABAT
- Updating of terms and conditions
Moroccan Workshop reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Moroccan Workshop website moroccanworkshop.com and will supersede any previous versions.